Council to encourage sidewalk repairs

November 9, 2017

council02
Pictured from left are City Attorney Glen Petersen, City Administrator Robert Wolfington, Mayor Greg Peter, and Councilpersons Erick Harper, Scott Dressen, Kenny Jensen and Tim Sanderson.

By Mark Wilmes
tributeeditor@gmail.com

 
City Administrator Robert Wolfington brought before the Tyler City Council a program to incentivize property owners to replace badly cracked and eroded sidewalks in town at Monday‚Äôs regular monthly meeting. The project would require property owners to apply for the city to cover 30 percent of the cost with the owner responsible for the remaining 70 percent. The amount of the city match would not exceed $400, or $800 for lots with sidewalks on two sides of the property…

For the full story, read this week’s Tyler Tribute.